Wednesday 5 March 2008

Office amusement

So I got to wear a power suit to work today, but my aesthetic spirit was reined in by the black-and-white dress code. It feels vaguely powerful, although I am certain the only person affected by my new-wardrobe-aura is myself. I've also realised that power suits, with their unfamiliar waist-clinching skirts, can be rather flattering when not made by school tailors who think boys and girls should look the same, when not yellow or brown, and most importantly, when not picked by blind and unfortunately very tall teammates who think that people generally come in the standard lengths. I got to wear my spankin' new suit (although the jacket was borrowed) for a grand total of 1 hour, broken down as such: 30 minutes - bus ride to Raffles place, 6 minutes - taxi ride to the Supreme courts, 11 minutes - climbing a lot of stairs and getting a bit lost, 7 minutes - pre-trial conference with the judge, 5 minutes - taxi ride back to the office. I suppose I will have just have to find more excuses to visit the pantry and the loo for the rest of the day for excuses to parade my spankin' new suit.

No comments: