Friday 28 March 2008

Charm's Anatomy.

Women, stop complaining -
men get pregnant too.


So this morning, we had this big argument at our office desks over whether he had nipples or not, and the difference between a masectomy and hysterectomy (I swear this is not even a bio thing). Anyway, I'm wondering why men have nipples, really, if they don't have active mammary glands.






On a second and almost irrrelevant note, I think I'm kind of horny.

But to quickly salvage my reputation as a refined and demure person, here's a lovely poem that's been haunting my soul. A song for my patriot's heart, my student's soul, and my lover's longing.

If Hands Could Set You Free, Heart
By Philip Larkin

If hands could set you free, heart
Where would you fly?
Far, beyond every part
Of the earth this running sky
Makes desolate? Would you cross
City and hill and sea,
If hands could set you free?

I would not lift the latch,
For I could run
Through fields, pit-valleys, and catch
All the beauty under the sun
Still end in loss:
I should find no bent arm, no bed
To rest my head.

No comments: