Wednesday 19 March 2008

Friendship Charm

I have a little Star of David crystal pendant that my parents bought from a fortune teller when I was a little girl. Although I know that the fortune teller's words should have been etched dramatically in my young, virgin mind, I forgot just about everything the fortune teller said. But I do remember the significance of the pendant - my mom told me to try not to take it off because it would help my "destiny" and keep the people I love close. I remember it because I found it amusing and frightening all at once at the possibility that I could lose those I loved, and that pretty little thing no larger than a dollar coin could change that all.

Now I am growing up, and my life is changing. I have loved and lost, and I'm starting to think that it is a pretty good time to put that pendant back on, just to remember all the wonderful people who have touched my life. But I have no necklace to wear it - it hangs now from a rather dirty and obtrusive leather strap which makes it difficult to wear. I was shopping around for a thin, unassuming chain for it when I thought perhaps, the charm might just work a bit better if it was completed with a gift from someone it was supposed to help me keep. And if magic happens, I'd love if you love me in this way that will help me love you.
(:

No comments: