Wednesday 15 August 2007

United Forever in Friendship and Labour

I must remember that if anything, my friends make life precious and worth living. I am now hopelessly lost to the disgustingly sappy group of people who believe that interpersonal relations give meaning to life.

It was so terribly touching when people jumped up to help me paint my gallery. Especially when prelims and various tests are looming just ahead, and so many people have learnt to trip their classmates just to get forward, I am awfully glad I have amazing and generous friends.

To Gaby, Siobhan and Miaoqin - always my number one supporters
To Chen - you know how i feel!
To Yunsong and Liangwei, the best peons on earth, who painted smiles on my face, along with my toes, my legs, my arms and my uniform.(i think i shall always remember yunsong's blue knee, paint-roller wars, and yunsong painted into a small, white square)
To Colin, Steve, Geordie, Yanting, Louis and Philip, who volunteered without hesitation (but yunsong and liangwei spoiled the market! :D)

How can I be upset over a spare few who don't acknowledge or appreciate my existence, when there are so many others out there who'll be there for me in spite of their own interests, who are never to far away in time or space to appear, who throw out their arms in concern when I perch precariously on the edge of the ladder, who bleed anxiety when I bring knives to watermelons, who steer me across roads, who put themselves out to find my smiles, who rub my tiredness away with gentle eyes? And if I should ever be sorry for love misplaced, it should be that I didn't love these friends infinitely.

Loyalty, truly is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

No comments: