Friday 31 August 2007

the end of student life.

It still hasn't sunk in that I won't be having lessons in school anymore.

Nope, it still hasn't.

I suppose when it does, I will feel a little sad at the fact that I'll no longer have the excuse of being young and spirited and ignorant that often gets me away with breaking rules, not being practical, and starting school-funds-draining projects. And I'll feel a little sad at no longer being the centre of the nation's resources, because I now, I'm no longer THE FUTURE. And I suppose, I'll feel a little sad at not being able to plonk myself in tutors' offices anymore, talking about nothing in particular and soaking up their praise and hanging on to their stories of the future.

And I think I'll be a little afraid of the world. No more beige-brown protection and teachers picking you up. No more idle dreaming about what the future holds. And the roads and pavements will separate themselves now, because I'm no longer a student and no longer own the roads. If I become roadkill now, nobody will mourn for my youthful tenderness and unlived life.

No comments: