Friday 10 August 2007

Tonight is how forever begins.

There are so many things to think about tonight.

a) We were thinking of three adjectives to describe each of ourselves - or each other, since describing someone else is always easier, even if just by a tiny little bit. I probably don't need to tell you how hard that is. Every nuance of the word must be accounted for. Also, just because you have it, does not mean it defines you at all. I think Colin put it nicely when he said, " You are all that (referring to how people tend to use words like "charismatic", "confident", "poised", "quirky" on me), it's just that it doesn't describe you." Personas are so easy to describe, but people?

We finally settled on two for Colin - Quirky and Flighty. Not that he was the only quirky one, but because quirky was definitive of him.
And we settled on Romantic for me, with a capital R.

b) He is Vulnerable. It breaks my heart.

c) If I were a tragic hero, then I think Emotional Malleability is my tragic flaw.

d) KI gathering. For a more objective documentation of this event, I should probably add that it was in lieu of the Debate dinner. The decision to stay with the KI bunch is not wrong.

e) Yunsong took me off the Godmother list because I told him I secretly wonder what babies taste like.

f) When the laughter and games died down, we started a slow and quiet conversation about what we would have like to have done within the next ten years of our lives.
I want to sing in a small pub.

g) Tenderness of friendship, it seems, does give way to the tenderness of gender. Or am I merely confusing the two?

h) LW paid me a huge compliment today. Over the fire and away from the crowd, he mentioned casually and quietly that he couldn't believe I wasn't applying for Cambridge, because I was precisely the kind of person who would get it if I tried. I wish that were true.

i) I was his little kitchen peon today. And he looked at me and said strangely, that I was a little child.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I wish that were true."

heh. its the thought that counts.