Tuesday 15 April 2008

The Grandfather

Is it crowded out there?

No Grandpa, just a couple of people milling.

That's not good. It's seven - almost dinner time. There should be a crowd.

Maybe later. People will come after work.

Is the staff busy?

There are always things to do, Grandpa. Always someone needing a spoon, or napkin, or help.

The families should be here soon. It's only right.

Yes, they should.

Is that roast duck I smell?

No, porridge. No roast duck here.

Porridge! Porridge is not good enough!

Roast duck is not good for health.

Not for me - for the banquet! The lady in white - is she coming over?

No, Grandpa. She's going into the pantry.

Why? Get her out. The bride should not have to bother with the kitchen personally.

Grandpa -

The boys dont listen these days! You must treat your customers like king! Call her over. I will apologise.

Grandpa -

Call her over.

But -

I said call her! Are you disobeying me?

Alright Grandpa. Here comes the nurse.

No comments: