Friday 18 April 2008

Charm is a little bit confused.

My passage to London (and anywhere in the world should I please) has been bought! I am hearing that the world should be my oyster now, and Life is welcoming me with open arms. Yet, shuffling between prisons, psychiatric remand wards, hospitals and other help clinics, I feel like everyday is a battle with Death.

Perhaps all these is supposed to help me learn to appreciate life more.

Grandfather's condition - critical.

Mom cried when I told her I got the scholarship.

Dad laughed, but the lines of sleepless nights didn't go away.

But at least now, I've fulfilled that promise I made to myself. I've earned my education, so I don't have to bear the pain of my parents' love which would have propelled them to send me overseas even without a scholarship, at their expense. Now it doesn't have to be the un-makeable choice between my brother's special needs education or mine. Now my parents can have their retirement scheme. Now my grandpa can have better medical care. The best.

No comments: