Friday 20 July 2007

Subtle Differences

Over the course of living, I've noticed several subtle differences which I feel are only right to share, since not knowing them, can lead to a massive amount of pain and humiliation.

So.


"I wrote a song last night, and I want you to hear it" may sound ALMOST like "I wrote a song last night, for you", when the former could really, simply just mean "I wrote a song, and you, being conveniently present at the moment have an obligation to hear it."

"You should wear your hair this way, you look better this way/I like it better when girls do it this way" even if accompanied by a lingering, soft look and the gentle touching/adjusting of your hair, could really, as difficult as it is to fathom, be simply an equivalent of "you REALLY look better if you did this, Ugly."


"I care about you" may melt your heart, but it could really, simply be just a way of saying "I dont really. But I need you to do as I say."


"You're not like other girls, pretty but no use. You really have substance." Compliment? I don't know, probably. But don't forget to listen out for the unspoken "Smart woman, but not pretty. Almost there."

Sigh.

No comments: