Thursday 3 January 2008

Hello 2008!

New Year's resolutions are long overdue, but I think this year, I'm going to give up making them - not even in celebration of dumb hope and 'lofty aspiration' as I usually do. Instead, I'm going to check off the lists I've made in the recent past.

Recalling:
After the A levels, I will
1) Paint Yunsong - DONE2)
2) Read economics
3) Take a writing trip around Singapore - DOING
4) Learn animation
5) Learn photoshop
6) Make Art obsessively - DOING
7) Accomplish all Lee Ang Films - DOING
8) Accomplish all local films
9) Accomplish all good films - DOING
10) Hopefully pull together a small art exhibition, from which I may earn some money.
11) Learn how to make soon kueh and ou kueh from Grandma - well, Mama gave up after the soon kueh, so I'll consider this DONE
12) Learn how to make rendang from Suhui's aunt
13) Learn how to bake a bake alaska.
14) Visit Shum in JB
15) Read obsessively - DOING
16) Make a short film
17) Make awesome Christmas cards and put Hallmark out of fashion - ABANDONED(So sorry)
18) Learn how to use makeup - ABANDONED
19) Jog everyday - aah, don't remind me. ABANDONED
20) Overhaul my red cocktail dress
21) Start and finish Indie Fashion project with Gab.
22) Get myself re-employed by the Substation
23) Become a curator
24) Throw an awesome party
25) Get a biking licence - SHELVED (for now) in view of parental objection26) Become fantastic at the piano - ):
27) Learn how to dance - ditto

From last year's resolutions, I would like to announce that I have managed to
a) Not kill bugs. At all.

Well, one is better than nothing.

Okay, I can't resist - I'm going to make a list. But I'll take a leaf out of Su's lists this time round, and make more specific, attainable goals.

- Try out 3 different jobs, not including private tutoring by the time I have to enrol into university.

- Finish the following books:
a) A Severe Mercy
b) Crime and Punishment
c) The World is Flat
d) Lolita
e) The Everlasting Man
f) Dracula

- Become fitter.

- Survive independently.

- Paint my room.

No comments: