Wednesday 7 November 2007

I should be studying, but I can't and won't. I'll regret this later.

I am reaching the height of spiritual contentment, and it's a very nice and sunny plateau to be on. I didn't think at first, that this was possible, since my checklist remains full of emptiness. I haven't gotten any university offers (why am I not surprised)- in fact, only more jeopardy, no significant improvement in my attitude towards studying, no increased freedom of movement, no windfall or winning lottery ticket, no Prince Charming, or sudden, pain-free weight loss. But I am happy.

I think its because I'm finally beginning to see all the wonderful things I actually have (yes friends and parents, you've been right all along). I know why I've been called a charmed child now. (I need to write all this down, so that when I get my flood of rejection letters from the various universities, I can remind myself that I'm still a complete, wholesome, valuable person).

And you know what, it is a very nice feeling to be liked by yourself, and heavenly to be liked by others.

No comments: